(Last Updated 23rd March, 2023)
This website is operated by NTT Sonority, Inc. (“Company”).
Please read these terms and conditions of use (“Website Terms and Conditions of Use”) before using
this website (including any content, information, software, tools, and services available on, from, or
through this website) (“Website”). You may use this Website only if you agree to these Website Terms
and Conditions of Use.
Company may change this Website and/or any part of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use without prior notice. Company will post the revised version of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use on this Website. Please check the contents of the current Website Terms and Conditions of Use each time you access or use this Website. Your continued access or use of this Website following the posting of any revised Website Terms and Conditions of Use constitutes acceptance of such revised terms and conditions.
Ownership of Rights
- This Website is protected by U.S. copyright laws and international treaties. All copyrights related to texts, graphics, figures, designs, audio, music and other content posted on this Website ( “Content”) belongs to Company or their right holder, such as their original author. You may use (including copying, modifying, uploading, posting, transmitting, distributing, licensing, selling and publishing) Content only for your personal use and in accordance with all applicable laws. Any other use is prohibited.
- All software provided by, on, or through this Website are the copyrighted material of the right holder of such software. You must use such software only in accordance with (a) the provisions of the software license agreement presented by the right holder at the time of access, use, and/or delivery of each software and (b) all applicable laws.
- All rights related to each trademark, mark, logo, trade name, or other branding posted on this Website belong to Company or the right holder of each right. Except to the extent permitted by any applicable law, you may not use such trademarks, marks, logos, trade names, or branding without obtaining prior written permission from the right holder. All goodwill generated from the use of any Company trademarks, marks, logos, trade names, or branding will inure to Company (or its affiliates).
- All rights not expressly granted in these Website Terms and Conditions of Use are reserved.
The following acts are prohibited when using this Website:
- Any act which infringes, or is likely to infringe, any rights or interests (such as intellectual property rights, privacy, reputation and credibility) of any third party or Company;
- Any act which causes, or is likely to cause, disadvantage or loss to any third party or Company;
- Any act which damages, or is likely to damage, public order;
- Any criminal act, or act that is likely to be associated with criminal acts, or any act which is likely to cause a criminal act;
- Any declaration or submission of false or misleading information or reports, such as registering other people’s e-mail address;
- Any act with the purpose to conduct business operation or gain profit or other commercial use of this Website or any act with the purpose to prepare to conduct any of the foregoing acts;
- Any act to use or provide any harmful program (such as a computer virus or malware), any act to gain unauthorized access, any other act that imposes excessive burden on the Website, or any act that is intended to or likely to cause any of the foregoing acts;
- Any act to remove, obscure, or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on this Website (including any intellectual property notices);
- Any act that violates, or is likely to violate, any laws, regulations, or ordinances; and
- Any other act that Company determines as inappropriate.
Through this Website and by other means, Company receives requests from persons who wish to submit to Company their proposals, including ideas, suggestions, comments, feedback, memos, drawings, and concepts relating to new products, technologies, designs, manufacturing methods, and/or advertising and marketing matters (hereinafter referred to as “Proposals”). However, as Company conducts its own research and development in various fields on a regular basis, misunderstanding or disputes may arise between Company and the proposer, such as cases where unpublished ideas conceived independently by Company may incidentally be similar to a Proposal. In order to avoid such unpredictable events that may occur in the future, Company does not accept Proposals, as a general rule. Thank you for your understanding of this policy in regard to idea submission.
If, despite our policy stated above, you submit to Company a Proposal, please be forewarned that all Proposals will be handled based on the assumption that such Proposal was sent on your agreement to the following:
- Company has no obligation to keep the submitted Proposal confidential;
- Company has no obligation to respond to you or to review, evaluate, or adopt the submitted Proposal;
- Company may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate, and otherwise use in any medium, any Proposal for any purpose; and
- Even if Company adopts an idea that is identical or similar, in whole or in part, to the submitted Proposal, Company assumes no responsibility to the proposer of such Proposal, including payment of any compensation and you waive any moral rights you may have to the submitted Proposal.
You are responsible for your Proposals. You agree that your Proposals will not (i) violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality, or other personal or proprietary right or (ii) be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or abusive.
Use of any software that is made available to download from the Website is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the software. You may use the software only in accordance with the terms and conditions of such end user license agreement.
Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability
- THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, DATA ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, USABILITY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE. USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. COMPANY IS NOT OBLIGATED TO CORRECT OR UPDATE THIS WEBSITE AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OMISSIONS, TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, OR OUT-OF-DATE INFORMATION THAT MAY APPEAR ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY AND ALL INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. COMPANY MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE.
- Company is not liable for any loss arising in relation to the use of, or not being able to use, this Website or Content on this website. IN NO CASE SHALL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ITS OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Specification or appearance of any product posted on this Website may be changed without notice.
- Information regarding services that can be used for products posted on this Website are posted on this Website. Any such service may be changed, suspended or terminated without notice. Furthermore, if such service is provided by a third party, Company is not liable for the contents of such service or for any loss arising in relation to such service.
- Please be forewarned that Company may change any Content on this Website or suspend or terminate the operation of this Website without notice. Company is also not liable for any loss arising from any change in Content and/or suspension or termination of the operation of this Website, for any reason whatsoever.
Linking to this Website
If you desire to create a link to this Website, you must read and comply with the following linking policy:
- Please be forewarned that Company is not liable for any loss that arises from creating a link to this Website.
- Please be forewarned that information relating to the contents, structure, products and other similar information on this Website may be changed or deleted without any notice.
- Creation of a link by the following manner is not permitted:
- A link that uses all or a part of any logo or graphic (including graphics of products and other graphics of artwork, people or anything other than products) posted on this Website;
- A link that gives the appearance that information posted on this Website is a part of the page of the link source by using inline frames or other methods; or
- Any link that is likely to give misleading information that such link source has a partnership or cooperative relationship with Company or its related companies.
Creation of a link from any of the following websites is not permitted:
- Any website that is likely to damage the reputation or credibility of any third party or Company or its related companies, such as by defaming any third party or Company or its related companies, or any other website that is likely to violate the rights of any third party or Company or its related companies; or
- Any website that is likely to damage public order or morals.
- If any link falls under 3 or 4 above or if any link is determined by Company as inappropriate, Company may request the deletion of such link to the operator of such website. Any website operator that receives such request must comply therewith.
- Any act with the purpose to conduct business operations or gain profits or otherwise use the Website for commercial purposes, or any act with the purpose to prepare to conduct any of the foregoing acts, by creating a link to this Website, is prohibited.
What are Cookies?
- Identifiers, such as IP address, device ID and email address;
- Device information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity, such as browsing history and information about your interactions with the Website.
How to Disable Cookies?:
You may disable cookies by changing the set-up of your browser. Please check the “Help” menu or similar functions on your browser about set-up of cookies. Please be aware that if you choose your set-up to disable all cookies, your use of various services on the Internet (including services on this website) may be restricted. For example, you may lack access to services that require authentication.
The Website does not respond to “do not track” signals sent by Internet browsers.
- To enable services on the Website and remember your preferences;
- To help us understand how you and other visitors use the Website, for example, to make sure our content is interesting and relevant;
- To maintain and improve the Website, including debugging to identify and repair errors.
Types of Cookies:
This website uses the following categories of Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are required for the Website to function properly. These cookies cannot be disabled. Without these cookies, you may not be able to access the full functionality of the Website, and we may be unable to fulfill your requests.
- Functional Cookies
These Cookies enable us to provide enhance functionality and personalization, such as by remembering your region and language preference. These Cookies are stored on your device until they expire or you delete them manually. If you do not allow these Cookies, then some or all of the services on the Website may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to understand how visitors use the Website so we can measure and improve the performance of the Website. They provide information such as the number of times you visit a specific page, how many pages access on a single visit, the length of your visit to this Website, the order in which you view pages, your country or region, and the device used for your visit.
Third-party cookies are cookies placed on our Website by trusted partners. These third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites.
We use Google Analytics to collect data about your behavior on our Website. This may include pages you’ve visited, features you’ve used, and your IP address or device ID. We use this data to measure our Website performance and evaluate your online experience, so we can maintain and improve our Website. Visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partner-sites for more information about how Google may collect and process your personal information.
Company may terminate or suspend your right to access and/or use all or part of this Website immediately and without notice for any conduct that Company, in its sole discretion, believes is in violation of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use or any applicable law or is harmful to Company or any third party. Upon termination, you must immediately cease use of this Website. We reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
Unless otherwise provided, interpretation and application of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Also, unless otherwise provided, any and all disputes relating to the use of this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company and our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, suppliers, service providers, or licensors from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use or your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
In the event that any provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Website Terms and Conditions of Use without affecting the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Company’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
You agree to comply with, and be bound by, additional terms and conditions and policies governing the use of this Website that are posted on this Website or provided to you electronically or otherwise, including, but not limited to, those that are referenced in these Website Terms and Conditions of Use. Such terms and conditions and policies referenced in these Website Terms and Conditions of Use are hereby incorporated into these Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
These Website Terms and Conditions of Use (including terms and conditions and policies incorporated by reference) constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and Company with respect to your use of this Website, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Website Terms and Conditions of Use).
Website Browsing Environment
This Website may be used by any major OS and in any major browsing environment. If this Website does not operate properly on a specific OS or browser, please try it in a different environment.
【Set-up of Browser】
When using this Website, please set-up your browser as follows:
- Enable Cookies
- Enable Style Sheet
If you find any failure in the performance of this Website, please check the above set-up of your browser in use.